Do you have what it takes to be a Strait Pinkie girl? Do you know someone who does? Shoot us an email HERE to nominate yourself or someone else. Every girl who appears on Straitpinkie.com gets $50 cash money, a free t-shirt and a chance to win $500. Along with the worldwide fame that comes with being a Strait Pinkie girl.
Now, let’s meet Nikki and join her in cheering on the Cats in today’s Regional Final…
To get all the boring facts about me over with, I am from Edgewood, Kentucky which is a small city located on the outskirts of Cincinnati. I am the oldest of 4 girls (my poor dad) and we all look just alike! We have two golden retrievers that I love and adore and highly recommend goldens if you are ever looking for a fun, loving pet! Living in the Cincinnati area I grew to love the Bengals as well as all their fans at every tailgate and homegame, rain or shine. Through the good and bad I will always sport my orange and black and still hope I will one day get to see them go to the superbowl! Who Dey!
I grew up a huge Kentucky fan and after high school I decided to expand my education in the heart of the big blue nation! Throughout my four and a half year stay at the University of Kentucky I joined a sorority, learned how to bet on horses at Keeneland, attended every football game, as well as my fair share of basketball games in Rupp Arena. Not a weekend went by where I wasn’t decked out in blue, no matter the weather, tailgating with my family and friends.
As for the educational part of the University I graduated with a bachelors degree in Psychology and loved every minute of it. It is a major that kept me interested and was broad enough that the job market possibilities were endless. I currently work for Trihealth Early Learning Center and shadow at Cinicinnati Children’s where I am applying for an internship as a child life specialist. I have a passion for helping children learn and grow and as a child life specialist it would be a unique and rewarding opportunity to get paid for what I love doing.
Some fun facts about me are that I love to ski and have grown up going to Perfect North ski slopes where I have gracefully, as well as ineptly, made it down every slope any chance I could. It always led to great laughs, great memories and great people to experience it all with. Skiing is one of the reasons I love winter as well as tubing and ice skating and snow ball fights.
It should be obvious why I love fall and its clearly for football and beer, enough said. Spring is fun only because the weather starts to warm up and it is when Keeneland horse park opens up and takes place for the entire month of April. And I can’t forget about the Cincinnati Reds games at Great American Ball Park which is always a hotspot for the spring time. Yet, summer is by far my favorite time of the year not only because of my birthday falling in the month of July but because this is when the concerts at riverbend occur and vacations to the beach as well as trips to the lake. Whether it’s a pool, beach or lake odds are this is where you will find me for 90% of the summer in a bathing suit soaking up any and all vitamin D that my body will allow!
1. Cats or Cards? Favorite Player? C-A-T-S cats cats cats and favorite player would currently be the fan favorite Anthony Davis.
2. What’s the best/worst pick-up lines you’ve ever heard? Worst pick up line I ever heard would be A B C D E F G R U D T F with me?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where ya going? I love to travel and see new places! If I could go anywhere I would love to visit Australia.
4. Favorite cartoon growing up? Favorite cartoon was Little Mermaid, watched it every day with my dad, little did he know he had three more daughters he was going to have to watch it with.
5. According to a mind-bending new theory, a black hole is actually a tunnel between universes—a type of wormhole. The matter the black hole attracts doesn’t collapse into a single point, as had previously been predicted, but rather gushes out a “white hole” at the other end of the black one, so the theory goes.
Do you believe the new mathematical models of the spiraling motion of matter falling into a black hole are viable alternatives to the “space-time singularities” that Albert Einstein predicted to be at the centers of black holes? And if so, does that mean the “wormholes” formed in this manner are possible tunnels for time travel? I’m not a huge astronomy guru but I don’t believe black holes are tunnels for space travel. Black holes are more like dense collapsed stars and remnants of burnt out suns which doesn’t correspond with Einsteins theory of relativity.
6. Unicorns – beautiful mythological creatures or terrifying mutant horses? Unicorns were always portrayed as beautiful mythical creatures growing up so Ill go with beautiful mythical creatures.
7. How many pushups can you do? 15
8. Which super power would you want to have and why? I would love to fly because I could go anywhere, anytime I wanted throughout the day. The sky’s the limit, no pun intended.
9. If we looked inside your fridge, what would we find? I can’t deny that I am a health nut for the most part and have a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in the fridge as well as salad and toppings, string cheese, yogurt, avacados, eggs, bacon and basically a whole slew of nutritional foods. I am a firm believer you can eat whatever your heart desires as long as it is done in moderation. That being said I have a huge sweet tooth and ice cream is my guilty pleasure.
10. Who would you cast to play you in a movie? I hear I look like Brooke Burke all the time but she isn’t an actress so basing off my personality I would say Mila Kunis she is always having fun and is outgoing in all of her movie roles.
11. Dumb and Dumber: Greatest movie ever or Greatest movie ever? Greatest movie ever
12. Leonardo da Vinci’s “Salvator Mundi,” c. 1500, was, for years, thought to have been destroyed. It was only re-discovered in the last five years and went on public display for the first time in London in November. There are only some fifteen surviving Leonardo paintings in the world and the last one to be discovered was the “Benois Madonna” more than 100 years ago. Some pretty big news for the art world…Do you love art museums/have a favorite artist/painting? In all honesty I have not been to an art museum since a middle school field trip. I appreciate art in every way but by no means do I visit different art museums around the greater Cincinnati area. There isn’t any artist that sticks out to be my favorite or one that I am bias towards, if I like it then I’ll get it if it fits the room I am decorating for.
13. Are you a beer, wine or mixed drink kind of girl? Is it wrong to say that I’m all three?! I’m not even afraid to mix them all in the same night, I drink what sounds best and is most accessible at the time but I am always in control of my alcohol consumption and know when to convert back to beer.
14. What’s the first thing you notice about a guy? Clearly his physical appearance but beyond that it is definitely sense of humor. I have an extensive sense of humor that ranges anywhere from sarcastic to perverted and everything in between!
15. What would you say your biggest vice is? Probably drinking.
16. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie-Roll Pop? Hell, after a good 5 licks I get bored and just start biting into it.
17. Legos or Lincoln Logs? Legos.
18. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you? I am one of the clumsiest people you will ever meet so pretty much everywhere I go I end up butt bouncing down the stairs opposed to being normal and just walking. Besides that everyday occurrence another embarrassing thing I have done is performed in my middle school talent show with my fly down the whole time and my fellow middle schoolers will never forget the purple silky panties I was wearing that day…
19. Favorite place to eat at 4 a.m.? Down in Lexington it would have been Mad Mushroom but since I am back in the Cincinnati area it would most likely be White Castle even though I have never been a huge night eater but there have been plenty of 4 am hunger pains, especially on the weekends.
20. When you’re out, you tend to dance…on the dance floor or on the bar? Most bars don’t allow table dancing which means I will most like be spotted in the sweaty, hot cesspool of drunk people. Yet, if table dancing is ever allowed and I am not sober then you better believe I will have my couple minutes of fame.
Turn ons: Physical appearance, sense of humor, nice smile, healthy body, intelligence, love of sports, respectful, genuine, strong family, witty and outgoing.
Turn offs: Liars, pessimists, boring, arrogant, players, Louisville or Steelers fans, not goal oriented, dumb and ditsy, cry-babies and jerks.
Food: Graeters Black Raspberry Chip ice cream and Chinese and Mexican.
Song: “Girls just want to have fun”
TV Show: The Bachelor/Bachelorette
Movie: Step Brothers
Book: Hunger games!
Bar/club/hangout: Bengals/Reds/Wildcats’ stadiums/arenas and any bar with people my age and good music playing is a good place to be for me!