A horrid loss on Tuesday to the ‘Dores, and a “brutal” schedule coming up, let us only hope this year’s Cats will look to the words of one of the greatest to ever lace em up for inspiration……. Ladies and Gentlemen, the incomparable Lukasz Obrzut:
1. Q: When was the last time you cried?
A: Five Years ago.
2. Q: What food did you eat as a kid that you didnt like?
A: Dry Steak
3. “I am silent but deadly”
4. “I love the crowd’s energy…I eat it”
5. “this game is great because I know the whole country is now happy that Kentucky has beaten Louisville.”
6. “this state is only big enough for one team”
7. “I want to win because the whole world loves Kentucky basketball and I do too.”
8. Q: What fact do people not know about you that is interesting?
A: I Speak Polish
9. “Wins make me remember how great the blue state of Kentucky is.”
10. Q: Woo was asked what he was going to do with the matchup with Big Baby Davis:
A: “Stop him. I don’t see anybody having an advantage on me.”
11. Q: He then was asked about the new found confidence of UK:
A: “I think we have the whole state of Kentucky backing us,” said Obrzut, native of Poland. “All the United States. Even the soldiers in Iraq. The only thing that matters to them is Kentucky’s games.”
12. Quotes after Louisville games:
a) “When I came to America and this state, I realized that this was the biggest game. I wanted to give the fans a Christmas gift and help us win the biggest game.”
b) “It is great right now because I am living my dream. Playing well and helping my team is my dream.”
c) “It was so loud I thought the roof was going to blow off….but luckily it didnt.”
d) “When Padgett shot, he didnt even look at the basket. I dont know how people shoot without looking at the basket, but maybe he will teach me.”
e) “The Kentucky fans are great 6th players and I love to play for them. After I had four finals and a long week, their cheers made me feel very good.”
13. “I think it’s always easier to call a foul on the bigger man because he’s more visible because of his size. It’s not football where the referees can stop and review the play.”
14. “We have a chance to spin our season around. We can show we are the Wildcat team (and) we are ready for the NCAA Tournament.”
15. “We’ll see if we lose. Hopefully not.”