By: Anthony Wireman of AllKYHoops.com
- There have been several recruits that have decided to skip Big Blue Madness:
- Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald Leader broke the news that 2011 PG Marquis Teague has said he will not attend because his father is not able to bring Teague to the event.
- 2011 SF Angel Nunez will no longer attend Big Blue Madness, but he will still visit Kentucky in November
- 2010 PG Josh Selby was invited, but will not attend simultaneously with 2010 PG Kyrie Irving; this in no way means that UK is about to lose Selby
- For now, the only commitment Kentucky has in the 2010 Class is 6-5 forward Stacey Poole, but I think it is still very favorable that there will be another soon. I reported on a rumor last week that 6-8 forward C.J. Leslie may commit following Big Blue Madness and I’m hearing nothing that would cause me to dismiss that rumor.
- Adam Zagoria at ZagsBlog.com reported earlier in the week that 6-8 forward Terrence Jones will visit Lexington on October 28 for the Blue/White scrimmage. Jones is ranked #13 on the 2010 Rivals 150 List.
- Another player that will be attending Big Blue Madness is Tobias Harris, a 6-8 forward that ranked #5 on the Rivals 150 List for 2010. Harris has stated that he will make a commitment soon and could possibly sign as early as November.
One thing is certain – the Kentucky program is in good hands on the recruiting front. Although the Cats only have one 2010 commitment, my advice would be to relax and be patient.
- 2010 forward Rod Odom has committed to Arizona; Odom had once been a Louisville target, but they stopped recruiting him several weeks ago.
- Louisville head coach Rick Pitino visited 6-5 shooting guard Jesse Morgan during the past week; Morgan, a 2010 prospect, is expected to make a visit to Louisville soon
- I talked to someone very close to Shelby Valley’s 5-11 point guard Elisha Justice early in the week and was told that Louisville has shown interest in bringing Justice in as a walk-on and giving him the opportunity to earn a scholarship in year two; Cardinal assistant coach Walter McCarty was scheduled to visit Justin for open gym during the week
- One of the more entertaining rumors of the week is the one I was told about 2010 guard Ge’lawn Guyn from Scott County. I was told that Guyn is considering a reclassification to the 2011 class due to some interest from a high-major school that has told him they want him in next year’s class. The team mentioned in that rumor – the Louisville Cardinals. After talking to some very good sources, I learned that this possibility is definitely on the table but no decision has been made. The source says “it is about fifty-fifty at this time…”
Rick Pitino promised the U of L faithful this week that his heart is on basketball despite a summer full of off-the-court turmoil for the coach. One concern for Cardinal fans has to be the impact that Pitino’s problems will have on recruiting.
Anthony Wireman owns and operates AllKYHoops.com, a site that covers all basketball in the state of Kentucky.
Sites That Link to this Post
- take control of their financial future | May 15, 2012